Articles Focused on the New York Mets. Opinions on the players, the rivalries, the standings and anything else that comes to mind.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sorry I been Gone

The Backstop Back At Ya: My apologies for not putting up a post for 2 weeks.  Backstop's been busy and unfortunately I do not do this for a living yet.
For now I am just checking in.  Much to discuss.
-I went to Boston for the Sunday game against the Bo-Sox. (11:40 Saturday morning May 30 that is the last gam the Mets lost)  Beautiful park.  Cant say enough nice things about the Sox fans.  The absolute opposite of what I expected.
-I wore a Mets hat and went to face the bleacher bums at the new Yankee Stadium.  After a few exchanges that found me asking them the question.:  "Would you guys come to Citi Field and wear a Mets Hat?"  What followed was a quote that I will remember for the rest of my life.   "I have to respect that... You are crazy but I have to respect you."  High fives and man hugs followed.  For the rest of that game (against the Orioles) they embraced me as one of their own.  For that...  The Backstop reluctantly tips his helmet to the very last folks he ever expected to.  For no more than one day; Hats off to the bleacher bums.  That day is over.  Respect.
Now the Backstop wants to talk about baseball.   More soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers