Articles Focused on the New York Mets. Opinions on the players, the rivalries, the standings and anything else that comes to mind.

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Reserving Judgement

The Backstop Back At Ya:
I just got done watching the Mets lose to the Phillies in extra innings.  I was thinking that either way this was a good game.  During the regular season the Phillies often seem to bring the best out of the Mets and vice versa.  I said that until the last pitch.  Seeing Sean Green walk home the winning run to end the game brings up one of our most painful memories.  I am not going to write it.  anybody who was a fan in 1999 knows what I am talking about.
I need to see how they respond tomorrow in the rubber game.  
As bad as today was you can learn a lot about a team in how they bounce back from a game like that.  For now, we are still waiting for something to click.  I wish I could tell you that the person or people who will make that happen are on the team presently or not.
One thing that we have to look at is the reality that 2006 was it.  There I said it.
They can no longer play like they will just get a free pass into the playoffs based on talent.  They need to start from the ground up rather than the sky down.
Frustrated right there with you,
The Backstop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers