Articles Focused on the New York Mets. Opinions on the players, the rivalries, the standings and anything else that comes to mind.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Opening Day Follow up. 1 & o

Okay just a few quick things
1)Mets won.
2)How many times have we heard that Green may well be the swing factor in the bullpen.
3) Did you notice that the offense came from 2 "Question Marks"
4) Johan can show you how  a true "Ace" is defined. He did not have anything close to his best stuff but he found a way to hold what I think is going to be a very good Reds line up to a run. (Give the assist to Ryan Church  both literally and figuratively.)
5) If we had to write a script, with the whole offseason being about how the once finessed into uselessness back of the bullpen, was now anchored by (on paper) the best 8th & 9th inning combo in the game. Could we have written a better ending than a one run lead going into the 8th being nailed down like a motel lamp?  Shut off like one too.
6) I know it is just one game.  You don't have to tell me. The Problem is I can't comment on the second game because a) I want this to be about the opener and b) the second game has not happened yet. (mainly b) 
7) I have just learned that through the good graces of a great friend, I am going to be able to attend the second game at Citi Field. Looking forward to telling you all about that.  If you have a friend named John, I can assure you that he is not likely half the friend as my friend John.  Love you brother.
Best is yet to happen and is already happening.
Yours,
The Queens Backstop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers