Articles Focused on the New York Mets. Opinions on the players, the rivalries, the standings and anything else that comes to mind.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Let the Meetings Begin.

The Backstop Back At Ya: And it sure is good to be back.  The Meetings start today.
I would like to start things off with Crazy Uncle Rich's quote of the offseason.
"They are not going to do anything.  Just like always.  Omar and Jerry are not going to last until June."
Not much of a quote I grant; But I have heard the exact same quote every day since last June.
To which my response is always the same.  In the Post Phillips/Duquette era, when have they ever not gone out and gotten the best (on paper at least) available?
When I proceed to bring up Beltran, Pedro, Santana, K-Rod, Delgado,  and the rest of the list of players that seemed to make sense at the time, his response is always the same.  "I am talking about NOW."
Ladies & gentleman, I give you the Met Fan.  Its not even "What have you done for me lately?" its what have you done for me this morning?
Nothing to report from Indiana just yet.  But lets see what happens after breakfast.
I think I would like to see what the John Lackey market looks like.  If the Red Sox and Yankees are not players, and I believe they are not, at least for the moment.  With the first round pick protected, I think he makes the most sense right now.  Plus with the Dodgers neglecting to give arbitration to Orlando  Hudson, he would also not hurt the 2010 player draft.  The obvious problem there is our present second baseman.  I really do believe that Omar has an "if all other paths dry up" deal already in place. (Bradley, Burrell, etc)  We will see.  I will try to report back as soon as I hear anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers