Articles Focused on the New York Mets. Opinions on the players, the rivalries, the standings and anything else that comes to mind.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I Am Working on It. The Mets Will Find A Way.

The Backstop Back At Ya:  As many of you have heard me say, The day of the Scot Kazmir trade seems like Christmas in comparison to what today feels like.  All is not lost.  I apologize for not having any solution ideas to discuss at the moment.  I am looking at all angles.  There is a way.  All I can say for now is:
A) Yes Roy Halliday is a Phillie -I will no longer refer to him as "The Doc" because that is a sacred Met title that can only be passed to another Met. So now, to me, he is just plain old Roy.
B) Yes, John Lackey is a member of the Red Sox. 
C) Yes this is just about the worst case scenerio for the Mets' pitching staff.

D) When I started this page I said I was going to do my best to always remain optomistic and loyal to my team.  This has not changed.  I will find an area to discuss and predict that will somehow make the glass half full.  I just need a few days.  In the meantime, Read A&B above a few times.  Let it set in.  Let it sting.  Then lets get moving to the next way to fix it.  Love does not always feel good.  Sometimes it hurts more than anything else in the world.  A hurt heart is a heart prepared for more joyfull things to come.  I will get back to you by the end of the weekend...  I have to get back to the drawing board.

P.S.  The offseason is only played on paper.  We won the offseason for the past 4 years.  The Phillies signed Raul Ibanez last year who went on to have a season of a monster.  Did anybody predict that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers