Articles Focused on the New York Mets. Opinions on the players, the rivalries, the standings and anything else that comes to mind.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Happenings Behind The Plate

The Backstop Back At Ya:  One day (soon I hope) I will have a suitable smartphone that will enable me to make my updates on the go.  As a Verizon Wireless loyalist, I love the new line of droid phones that is coming out.  Problem is that every time I zero in on the phone I want, I hear rumors about a newer cooler sexier one coming out within the next few weeks.  I have been patient, but days like today make me wist I already had made that decision.
For Now:  I am about 80-85% sure that the Mets catcher next year will be Bengie Molina.  The oldest of the Molina brothers, defensively, he is not his younger brother Yadier.  But he is still very good.  Think of the cast of characters he had to deal with in San Francisco last year.  The Elder Randy Johnson, who I am told is a bit difficult to deal with when he is on the mound.  2 time Cy-Young winner T-Lincy.  Barry "Slow Curve Slower Fastball" Zito. The other 2 youngsters Matt Cain and Jonathan Sanchez who both throw very hard, and both throw 2 different kinds of erratic. So he can handle a pitching staff.  He is also among the better hitting catchers in the bigs.  But who will be the staff he is working with?
Heard some good news.  Will report in next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers