Articles Focused on the New York Mets. Opinions on the players, the rivalries, the standings and anything else that comes to mind.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Crazy Uncle Richie's Quote of the Week.

The Backstop Back At Ya: It is probably the best time to incorporate something to the blog that I have been meaning to include for some time.
God Bless My Uncle Richard. He is the person I thank for making me a Met fan in April and the person I blame for making me a Met fan in September. He is one of more interesting and colorful people one could know... But he is absolutely crazy when it comes to the Mets.
They never win they "Almost Lose." Or "They squandered too many runs in this game, watch they won't be able to score a single run tomorrow." and so on.
I was just on the verge of convincing him that Luis Castillo was not a complete bust. He had gotten some big hits. Been well enough in the field. For some reason, uncle Rich never been able to commit to memory any of the times that our second baseman, for better or worse, has come through.
Before yesterday's game I finally got him to admit that there is just something about the guy that he will never like and he does not know what it is. (My guess is the fact that he is not Orlando Hudson) I heard him say the words "Maybe I am wrong about the guy." I said this was before yesterday's game right?
Well last night at Yankee Stadium ended the way it ended. A-Rod with a clutch pop up behind second base. Don't make me write what happened. I beg you.
This takes us to the phone call I got today (I was not in a rush to answer it). I give you the first installment of Crazy Uncle Richie's Quote of the Week:
"I do not care if that guy cures something that I have. He is no damn good." click.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers