Articles Focused on the New York Mets. Opinions on the players, the rivalries, the standings and anything else that comes to mind.

Friday, July 17, 2009

False Start - It is Turner Field After all.

The Backstop Back At Ya: Okay maybe the expectation to win the first game out of the gat was a bit, shall we say, ambitious. I sense (Or I want to sense) that there is a big streak coming. But I have made it clear that I am going down with the ship.
Trade Proposal:
Mets get: Chone Figgins & Reggie Willets.
Angels Get: Bobby Parnell and Bradley Holt.
Mets need bats/Angels need Bullpen help. They get Parnell, a hard throwing reliever and Holt, a top AA pitching prospect.
Figgins is a) perfect for Citi Field and b) Is just what we need. He plays several positions well so when/if anybody comes back from DL we are able to move him to another position.
I am guessing that we would have to sweeten the pot a little... But it is a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers